Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a key role in designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure and pipelines. You will collaborate closely with the rest of our standalone Data team (comprising analysts, analytics engineers, and data governance experts), and with engineering and operations teams across Arcadia,, to ensure the smooth flow and availability of high-quality data for analysis and reporting purposes. Your expertise will be essential in optimizing data workflows, ensuring data integrity, and scaling our data infrastructure to support our company's growth.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence the development of a world-class data ecosystem and work in a fast-paced environment on a high-morale, tightly knit team.
Our core data stack makes heavy use of Snowflake and dbt, orchestrated in Prefect in our broader AWS-based ecosystem. Most of our wide range of data sources are loaded with Fivetran, but we use custom Python when it’s the right tool for the job.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines in an AWS environment, centered on our Snowflake instance and using Fivetran, Prefect and dbt.
- Collaborate with data analysts, analytics engineers, and software engineers to understand data requirements and deliver reliable solutions.
- Design, build and maintain the tooling that the wider Data team (and Arcadia as a whole) uses to interact with our data platform, including CI/CD pipelines for our data lakehouse, unit/integration/validation testing frameworks for our data pipelines, and command-line tools for ad-hoc data evaluation.
- Identify and implement best practices for data ingestion, transformation, and storage to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Optimize and tune data pipelines for improved performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Monitor data pipelines and proactively address any issues or bottlenecks to ensure uninterrupted data flow.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data pipelines, ensuring knowledge sharing and smooth onboarding of new team members.
- Implement data governance and security measures to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends in data engineering and recommend their adoption as appropriate.
What will help you succeed
- 5+ years as a Data Engineer, data-adjacent Software Engineer, or a did-everything small data team member with a focus on building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Strong Python skills, especially in the context of data orchestration.
- Strong understanding of database management and design, including experience with Snowflake or an equivalent platform.
- Familiarity with data integration patterns, ETL/ELT processes, and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with Prefect, Airflow, or similar data orchestration tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to bring a customer-oriented and empathetic approach to understanding how data is used to drive the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Experience with our stack–AWS, Snowflake, Fivetran, Prefect, dbt, and Github Actions, along with some ancillary tools
- Experience with DevOps practices, especially CI/CD
- Previous experience managing enterprise-level data pipelines and working with large datasets
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in the energy sector
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary , the candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office Located in the heart of the City in case you need to step in for any purpose
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in Chennai, India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.