Lead Engineer - Community Solar
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a resourceful and versatile Full Stack Engineer to join the Engineering team to help bring our visions to life. The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who approaches engineering problems and potential solutions with a unique, holistic, and long-term perspective, and is genuinely excited to build the software expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country. We're looking for an inquisitive problem-solver who possesses both grit and flexibility in the face of a rapidly changing regulatory landscape -- our work often involves implementing unconventional solutions and requires someone who’s not afraid to explore new domains when previous methods fail, sort through minute details, or find non-engineering ways around a problem. This person must be comfortable with iterating towards a solution and collaborating closely with colleagues in Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics along the way.
This role is based out of Chennai, India with a hybrid remote first approach and is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence how our team builds and stays relevant, and work in a fast-paced environment with engineers on a high-morale, tightly knit team. Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics to deliver the best possible product for our members and enterprise partners
- Design and develop robust, scalable back-end systems
- Build and maintain complex APIs that securely communicate between back-end and front-end applications
- Create highly performant front-end applications that are beautiful and intuitive for the user
- Frequently deploy new functionality to production with a streamlined CI/CD pipeline
- Explore new technologies with an open-minded team
- Increase test coverage and reliability and help troubleshoot production issues
- Collaborate frequently with other engineers, give thoughtful code review, and mentor junior engineers
- Notice and speak up about opportunities to improve both the member and developer experience
What will help you succeed:
The following list reflects our current technology stack-- you’ll need to have some overlapping or analogous experience, but not necessarily an exact match. We expect engineers to have familiarity across the full stack, but some may be more focused on the front- or back-end.
- 2+ years of experience in a software engineering role, supporting high-availability, large-scale web applications
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear, actionable information for product managers, designers, data analysts, and other engineers
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers across experience levels with a demonstrated ability to provide constructive, empathetic feedback in code and design reviews
- Ability to architect, scope, prioritize, estimate, and deliver on projects while managing the balance between shipping code quickly and shipping high quality code
- Experience with the programming languages we use:
- Experience with back-end frameworks and platforms that align with our stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Apollo (GraphQL)
- Experience with front-end frameworks that align with our stack:
- Experience with infrastructure found in our stack:
- Postgres or similar relational database
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, etc.)
- Experience building Flutter apps is a nice-to-have
- Experience working with Zoho Deluge is a nice-to-have
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and drive a clean-energy future
Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model with remote first policy
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary potential candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office is located in the heart of the city in case you need to step in for any purpose.
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Annual performance cycle
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.