Associate, Client Relations
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a passionate, detail-obsessed Client Relations Associate, Community Solar to join the Community Solar Operations team. In this role, you will manage a portfolio of solar developer clients and their respective community solar projects through all stages of the project lifecycle. You will also work closely with other functional areas of the organization, including our subscription management, policy, finance, and business development teams to ensure the successful management of our contracted community solar projects. The ideal candidate is highly organized, able to think quickly on their feet, and has a client-first attitude.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Lead recurring calls with our existing solar developer clients to communicate and receive key project updates on an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships in order to expedite accurate and timely issue resolutions for solar developer clients
- Present Arcadia’s service offerings and lead demos for potential future clients
- Proactively manage end-to-end service delivery for clients’ portfolio to ensure timely onboarding (welcome and account set-up in our proprietary management system), and reporting delivery including resolution and management of all issues originating during the customer lifecycle
- Request and track required project documentation from our solar developer clients
- Resolve complex client issues and requests related to billing and payment and contractual reporting across multiple systems and product offerings, working in conjunction with relevant functional groups to ensure resolution effectively and efficiently
- Use Excel, utility forms, and our proprietary software tools to manage customer data and oversee community solar enrollments
- Coordinate and complete daily/monthly/quarterly client reports, analyzing for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain internal databases with accurate project and customer information
- Ensure timely delivery of all external deliverables across several core areas
- Prepare and present reports for external energy industry clients
- Facilitate operational improvements based on client feedback
- Become a community solar subject matter expert and contribute to our knowledge base of utility-specific operating procedures and regulations
- Establish relationships with utility representatives to maintain active community solar subscriptions and ensure accurate bill crediting
- Assist in related initiatives to improve customer experience across the business including but not limited to training Operations team members on an ad-hoc basis
What will help you succeed:
- BA/BS degree or similar college-level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years professional experience in an analytical or account management role
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel and data management
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-first attitude
- Consistent record of taking initiative
- High degree of discretion; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to problem solve, find creative solutions, and build out best practices
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience working in solar, utilities, or a related field
- Experience using a CRM software tool
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.