Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
As a Production Coordinator at Astra, you will have the opportunity to gain a vast understanding of the Astra Spacecraft Engine core structure.
This role has a broad scope that assists in all areas of production, which will allow you to develop new skills and knowledge throughout your day-to-day tasks. You will support this team by ensuring the Build Schedule is executed on time; this is done by coordinating with Supply Chain to ensure parts are on order, creating Manufacturing Orders accurately based on Spacecraft & Thruster assembly Bill of Materials, kitting parts for the Build Technicians to improve runtime, and communicating build schedule risks to the Production Supervisors and Master Scheduler.
Your workday will be fast-paced and filled with various build coordination tasks requiring you to be adaptive and ready to learn. You will be responsible for coordinating the build of the Astra Spacecraft Engine critical structure that will support our clients on their journey to space. This position reports to the Director of Spacecraft & Thruster Production.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
- Plan and monitor production materials to ensure efficient operation runtime
- Actively monitor inventory levels and forecast production requirements to eliminate production shortages
- Investigate production control problems and lead project teams to implement solutions
- Develop process flow diagrams to highlight inefficiencies in build throughput and work with Production Manager to redefine workflow through the factory
- Execute production build schedule through accurate and timely creation of Manufacturing Orders that reflect the Rocket Bill of Materials
- Manage the Build Schedule and communicate schedule risks to the Production Manager
- Communicate status of tasks with the team frequently in order to highlight blockers or issues affecting scheduled delivery dates
- Troubleshoot build blockers and recruit support from other departments to help resolve issues blocking production
Why We Value You
- 3+ years of coordinating and scheduling in a production environment
- Experience using MRP and ERP systems
- Experience using and navigating CAD/PLM systems
- Understand how to work with a manufacturing bill of materials
- Ability to navigate spreadsheets and manage Gantt chart schedules
- Ability to understand and drive critical key performance metrics
- Excellent communicator with a desire to take on a broad range of priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
- Strong critical-thinking skills combined with a propensity toward innovation
- Ability and willingness to adapt to constant changing work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with complex hardware products
- Working with inventory levels and forecast production highly desired
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.