Senior IT Administrator
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
We are looking for a hands-on senior IT administrator to ensure the efficient delivery of IT services across the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT support, excellent technical skills, and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission:
- Technical Infrastructure: You'll use your strong working knowledge of a diverse set of infrastructure components such as Active Directory, Palo Alto Firewalls, Juniper switches, Aruba wireless, AWS, Azure, and Internet access services while ensuring a high level of service availability.
- Service Delivery: You'll use your ability to operate effectively in an environment where being able to prioritize longer-term improvement projects against day-to-day operations of the IT service desk while ensuring timely and effective support to end-users is a critical skill set. Implement and monitor service level agreements (SLAs) to meet organizational needs. Contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture, emphasizing accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Incident Management: Operate the incident response process as needed, ensuring that incidents are identified, logged, prioritized, and resolved in a timely manner. Analyze incident trends to identify root causes and recommend preventative measures.
- Documentation & Knowledge Management: Establish and maintain comprehensive documentation for IT procedures, troubleshooting steps, and common issues. Implement knowledge management practices that are designed to share information with coworkers and enhance problem-solving capabilities.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and recommend best practices to enhance the efficiency of the IT service desk. Proactively seek feedback from end-users and stakeholders to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Why We Value You:
- 4+ years of experience in IT support, with 2+ years in a technical systems role
- Experience with Jira Service Desk and Confluence
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in IT or related field of study
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience in fast-paced, hardware focused start-ups
- Experience in aerospace
- Industry certifications
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.