Senior Software Engineer- Mobile
With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
BrightInsight is transforming its infrastructure platform into self-service, product-based and customer-focused outcomes. If you have a strong background in infrastructure technologies and enjoy a fast-paced environment, consider a career in BrightInsight. As an Engineering Manager on the Mobile team, you will lead a team of talented mobile engineers (Android and iOS) to build new and meaningful experiences for our clients using. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem-solving, great technical acumen, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and a self-motivated working style. You will put your skills and experience to work in a fast-moving, highly visible environment.
BrightInsight’s business is on a hyper-growth trajectory and our mobile platform is a critical driver in this growth.
What you will do:
- 8+ years of software development experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience building native iOS and/or Android apps and React Native apps..
- Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- 4+ years of Android native development experience (Android Studio with Java or Kotlin) and/or iOS native development experience (XCode with Objective-C or Swift).
- Experience with cross-platform mobile application development framework is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process and design patterns.
- Experience with Mobile automation test framework, for e.g., Appium.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying iOS and Android apps.
- Strong understanding of OOP and OOD.
- Proven experience of building integrations with APIs using technical interface specifications.
- Knowledge of packaging mobile application in libraries or modules or apps for distribution.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Relational and non-relational database design skills.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus.
- Experience with Software FMEA process is a plus.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.