Senior Software Engineer - Backend position (Colombia)
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that investment in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A pioneer in the digital health space, BrightInsight is a growth stage company backed by leading life sciences and software investors (General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Eclipse and New Leaf Ventures) that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top Biopharma and MedTech companies.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including six of the world’s top 10 biopharma companies and three leading diagnostic companies. Our platform has been honored with some 15 industry awards, including CB Insights Digital Health 150 in 2020 and 2021, Google Partner of the Year, Healthcare and Life Sciences for two consecutive years, and BrightInsight ranked 13 on the LinkedIn Top Startups List in the U.S.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
If you enjoy working with passionate, solution-oriented, colleagues in an agile, low bureaucracy environment, then come join us at BrightInsight!
The Senior Software Engineer (Backend) holds the lead developer responsibilities to design, develop, test and maintain applications/platform for BrightInsight. This role requires broad software engineering experience to build end-to-end applications with full stack design in mind.
Team members will work using Agile practices. You will lead other developers and work closely with product managers gathering requirements and implementing the solution end-to-end.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop new Java/Python based microservices on BrightInsight Platform.
- Software design and implementation on a cloud-based platform.
- Understand, design and participate in architecture of end-to-end products including services, mobile and web applications.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineering to transform software-based medical devices requirements into formally documented detailed design, and development stories.
- Implement services with predefined BrightInsight Software frameworks and base guidelines.
- Collaborate with the test team for software verification.
- Lead and participate in design workshops to facilitate and articulate modelling and architecture principles.
- Lead a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners.
- Review others' work (code, design) and provide guidance for a consistent implementation.
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions.
- Support troubleshooting issues with services and perform data profiling/analytics activities.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields.
- 5-8 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process.
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or Python programming.
- 2+ years of experience working in microservices in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Experience with GRPC and REST.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Knowledge of metadata model-driven software systems and object-oriented software design.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities.
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and data privacy regulations is a plus.
- Experience in working with HL7 FHIR standard and API is a plus.
- Experience with the Software FMEA process is a plus.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.