Performance Engineer (Colombia)
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that investment in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A pioneer in the digital health space, BrightInsight is a growth stage company backed by leading life sciences and software investors (General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Eclipse and New Leaf Ventures) that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top Biopharma and MedTech companies.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including six of the world’s top 10 biopharma companies and three leading diagnostic companies. Our platform has been honored with some 15 industry awards, including CB Insights Digital Health 150 in 2020 and 2021, Google Partner of the Year, Healthcare and Life Sciences for two consecutive years, and BrightInsight ranked 13 on the LinkedIn Top Startups List in the U.S.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
If you enjoy working with passionate, solution-oriented, colleagues in an agile, low bureaucracy environment, then come join us at BrightInsight!
The Performance Engineer will be working with the software engineering teams to ensure BrightInsight Platform is designed and implemented with required performance benchmarks.
Team members will work using Agile practices. You will lead other developers and work closely with product managers gathering requirements and implementing the solution end-to-end.
Our ideal candidate has a sharp QA mindset, experience with performance testing of back-end systems with a strong track record of working independently and as part of a team.
- Design and perform end to and performance tests.
- Develop automation and execution scripts and create reporting for a platform composed of microservices deployed in Google Cloud K8s Engine which supports thousands of concurrent requests.
- Profile microservices/applications and identify bottlenecks.
- Determine sizing and cost optimizations for Platform infrastructure and deployments.
- Analyze and validate application design. Also provide performance recommendations.
- Develop and maintain inhouse Performance Framework infrastructure.
- 3+ Basic knowledge in any database (Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch)
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud and container technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- 2+ years of experience using and developing pipelines using one or more CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CICD, Circle CI, Travis).
- 2+ years of experience with a Load injection tool like JMeter, Gatling or Sitespeed.
- Experience with APMs, resource usage metrics and monitoring tools (Datadog, New Relic, etc.)
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
What We Value:
At our core, we value partnership. We are strategic partners to our customers, and we partner together every day to achieve our vision of transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
- Passion about transforming care and patient outcomes
- Accountability to one another, our valued customers and our mission-critical projects
- Respect for one another, our customers and the data that we manage
- Trust in each other and display integrity in everything we do
- Nimble and agile in our work, but without short cuts
- Excellence in the products we deliver and people we hire
- Real world impact – we aim to positively impact healthcare globally by executing every day on our mission of accelerating digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.