Sales & Business Development
San Rafael, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Strong healthcare operations leader responsible for the oversight of 8-12 Carbon Health clinics within an area. A successful Area Manager is intrinsically motivated, challenge-driven, rethinks traditions and genuinely cares about employees and patients. The Area Manager acts with an owner’s mindset, cultivating new ideas for driving business performance by leading the clinic teams and managers, managing financial outcomes, and supporting patient retention and growth through effective operations.
Key Leadership Capabilities
- Collaborate: Shares information with others so there are no surprises; Facilitate effective collaboration among clinic managers and external partners
- Drive Outcomes: Eliminate obstacles that affect organizational performance
- Influence and Inform: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations; facilitates management of differences by addressing them openly and encouraging mutually beneficial resolutions
- Demonstrate Accountability: Acts with a clear sense of ownership with exceptional organization and time management skills; establish clear responsibilities and processes for delivering, monitoring and measuring results
- Cultivate Innovation and Creativity: Nurtures & develops promising ideas through prototyping and experimentation; encourages others to address challenges in new and better ways
- Manage through Ambiguity: Coaches others in finding solutions and accomplishing goals despite incomplete information
- Develop Self & Others: Provide real-time coaching to others, mentors key talent and takes significant action for effectiveness in current and future job
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the daily oversight and operations of the clinics in your assigned area
- Maintain a HIPAA compliant environment that complies with all state and federal regulations
- Serve as a mentor and coach a team of Clinic Managers to drive continuous improvement in your area
- Lead and maintain accountability with the clinic managers to ensure all clinics have a clean, safe environment with well functioning equipment for both employees and patients
- Routine reporting to the regional leadership team on the state of clinic operations
- Accountable to drive the financial performance and P&L oversight by ensuring the budgeted productivity, labor, and other expenses are achieved
- Supply management: Supervise clinic managers to review and routinely perform cost analysis and ensure supplies are adequately managed
- Lead and take part in the coordination of community outreach and occupational health growth within your area
- Cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clinicians, health care facilities, and businesses in the surrounding community
- Partner with regional leadership, people business partner and clinic managers to elevate the employee experience in support of recruitment and retention within your area
- Bachelor’s degree with healthcare management experience preferred or equivalent combination of experience
- 5+ years experience leading others in a healthcare setting and experience overseeing multiple managers and care sites
- Understanding of financial statements, P&L management, and HR business processes
- Active listener with soft skills to build and maintain trusting relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, time management, planning, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, and paid holidays
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Job Scam Alert! Scammers are sending job scam emails pretending to be recruiters at Carbon Health. These emails are designed to trick candidates into applying for jobs that require candidates to provide personal information and potentially engage in criminal activity. If someone from Carbon Health reaches out to you, we will not keep the conversation on the social platform. Rather, we’ll use the platform to make contact and will move the conversation to phone/email. All Carbon Health emails will have the @carbonhealth.com domain—it will never have any other domain attached to the email address. We will never ask you to do a job interview over Zoom, Messenger, Telegram, Teams or Skype. We use Google Meet only. Additionally, any efforts to make contact through social media or email in regards to a job will also inform you of an open position we have and will direct you to apply directly on our site.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.
See more open positions at Carbon Health
Something looks off?