Behavioral Health Care Manager (LCSW or ASW)
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Carbon Health is looking for a Behavioral Health Care Manager to serve as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team for the purpose of optimizing mental health. As an early hire on the Collaborative Care Team, you will help build and implement the new mental health and behavioral health programs at Carbon. Utilizing the Collaborative Care Model we provide behavioral health care that is brief, goal oriented, and measurement-based. With our unique approach to treatment, we aim to help our patients establish trust that meaningful progress/change can be made towards their mental health concerns within a clearly identified timeframe. We collaborate closely with the Primary Care team to assist patients with physical and mental health goals
What We Offer
- Your input and contributions are valued and recognized
- Excellent clinical, administrative and management support
- Forward-thinking, tight-knit transparent, collaborative and inclusive company culture
- The opportunity to grow and scale with a dynamic startup who is changing the way people think about healthcare
- Competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for full-time employees
What You'll Do
- Carbon Health is looking for an independently licensed social worker who values structure throughout the process of mental health treatment. We are seeking a provider who understands the importance of having clearly defined goals and start/end points to treatment. As a provider with Carbon Health, you will be expected to:
- Virtually treat patients suffering with mental health concerns including anxiety, depression, insomnia, PTSD, etc using the Collaborative Care model. Closely coordinate care with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers.
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate.
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and the available treatment options. Provide brief, evidence-based interventions for individuals within primary care.
- Systematically track treatment response and monitor patients for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers, psychiatric consultant, and other treating providers.
- Provide consultation for primary care medical providers as needed.
- Complete comprehensive psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment).
- Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant, present clinical information effectively and efficiently. Communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s medical provider and patient.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the medical provider and the psychiatric consultant and who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care.
- Clinical supervision for unlicensed social workers.
- Carbon Health is looking for a provider who values brief and structured approaches to therapy. We are seeking a clinician who is committed to collecting data, monitoring outcomes, and delivering results. You should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful. This role will be a great fit for you if you are a doer, who is passionate about making a difference, comfortable with ambiguity, and are naturally collaborative.
- Experience or training working in a Collaborative Care (CoCM, BHI) model is a plus.
- Have direct clinical experience providing individual therapy as well as skills in assessment and differential diagnosis.
- Have experience with integrated health care systems.
- Committed to evidence-based practices and data-driven treatment.
- Understand HIPAA requirements for mental health records and maintain appropriate documentation in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Ability to make independent decisions in compliance with policies and procedures while working within a collaborative framework.
- Ability to work non-standard hours.
- Proficient computer and technology skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; including expertise with presentation skills.
Training and Licensure Requirements
- Maintains current ASW and obtaining hours towards independent licensure (LCSW) in the state of California OR maintains current and unrestricted license to practice independently (LCSW).
- We offer supervision and training for unlicensed staff.
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.