Vice President, Health System & Payer Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
As the Vice President, Health System & Payer Partnerships, you will be a sophisticated business development leader building Carbon Health's partnerships with health systems and payers across the country. You will spearhead market growth opportunities with health system partners and expand Carbon Health’s value-based care business with payers, including analyzing potential segments to pursue, developing GTM strategies, identifying potential customers and negotiating deals end-to-end. You will work hand-in-hand with our product and operations leaders to create compelling value propositions and solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives at the intersection of strategy and execution.
This role is REMOTE friendly and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
What You'll Do
- Work with our Leadership team to develop Carbon’s health system & payer strategy, goals and execution plan
- Initiate and nurture health system and regional and national payer relationships
- Align Carbon Health with health systems’ clinically integrated networks
- Analyze and prioritize payer and value-based care opportunities including building depth in the variety of partner models Carbon may pursue
- Develop creative partnership models that advance Carbon’s mission to bring high quality care to as much of the market as possible
- Support Carbon’s contracting efforts by building high-level relationships and partnerships with key organizations
- Build awareness in the organization on how best to work with and leverage partners
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of business development experience in the health system and/or payer sector and extensive leader background. Value-based care experience is a plus.
- Strong communicator who can proactively identify potential challenges and think creatively about solutions
- Familiarity with clinically integrated networks
- Must be a team player that is highly collaborative, goal-oriented and confident, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally both internally and externally
- Self-starter who thrives when given autonomy and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree a requirement, MBA and/or MPH degree is a plus
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, and paid holidays
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.