Accounting & Finance
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
As a Benefits Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and administering the employee benefits program for approximately 2,000 U.S. employees. This role requires in-depth knowledge of U.S. benefits and leaves of absence.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, wellness programs, etc.
- Manage various types of leaves including FMLA, disability, paid parental leave, and other state-specific leaves, particularly in California.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning benefits and leave policies.
- Provide clear and effective communication to employees regarding benefits, enrollment, and any changes to the plans.
- Liaise with benefits vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure competitive offerings.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure that the benefits programs meet employee needs and align with company goals.
- Address and resolve any issues related to benefits and leaves.
- Provide training and support to the People team and employees on benefits-related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- At least 5 years of experience in benefits administration, preferably in a U.S. context.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. benefits and leaves, including in-depth understanding of California state benefits and regulations.
- Proven experience in managing and administering employee benefits programs.
- Ability to analyze benefit plans and understand market trends to provide strategic recommendations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships with employees and vendors.
- Aptitude for identifying and resolving complex benefits-related issues.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
All candidate email communication will be done through an @carbonhealth.com email address. If you ever receive communication regarding a job posting from an entity that does not match that or seems concerning, please contact email@example.com.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.