Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across the United States and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Execute financial statement analysis and reconciliations, and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Assist in overseeing other accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and entries, including providing improvements on the month end accounting close process
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and maintain workbooks for various areas including but not limited to: Revenues, Receivables, Operating expenses, Prepaid expenses, Marketing expenses, bank reconciliations, leases and other areas
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to internal and external audit inquiries
- Maintain and review liabilities, accruals, and cost allocations and related subledgers
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- Assist in accounting research and analysis to construct memorandums and provide conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, AP, Payroll, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- This is a hybrid role requiring Tuesdays & Wednesdays in our 3 World Trade Center office.
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar environment
- Prior experience in public accounting (preferred)
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- CPA or CPA track preferred
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to large ERP system (JD Edwards a plus)
The syrup on your waffles
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $85,000 - $95,000 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more