Senior Inventory Accountant
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Sr. Accountant. This role will be responsible for various monthly accounting close related responsibilities, including journal entries, trends and analytics, and will report to the Accounting Manager.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Assist in month end close (i.e. prepare work-papers and schedules for monthly reconciliations)
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and maintain workbooks for various areas including but not limited to: Cost of goods sold, Inventory, Leases, Fixed assets and others
- Prepare financial statement level analytics and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Assist in guiding accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and entries, including providing improvements on the month end accounting close process
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to internal and external audit inquiries and PBC lists
- Maintain and review liabilities, accruals and cost allocations and related sub-ledgers
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Assist in accounting research and analysis to construct memorandums and provide conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Maintain documentation on the companies accounting policies, best practices and SOP’s
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Supply Chain, FP&A, AP, and various business owners on policies, processes and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- This is a hybrid preferred role, requiring that you work an average of 2 days per week based at our spacious 3 World Trade Center office.
- Remote within the Eastern or Central timezones will be considered for exception candidates.
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar environment
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with inventory and cost of goods sold at a retail company
- Must love sleep!
Nice to have:
- CPA or CPA track preferred
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Experience across public/private accounting
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Exposure to large ERP system (JD Edwards a plus)
- Experience with standard costing
The Syrup on Your Waffles
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!