Site Reliability Engineer
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper has Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Cloud Ops team. We believe in maximizing the potential of our engineers by providing them with tools and systems that help reduce the time and effort to build and ship code. The role of the SRE will be to build and maintain a secure and stable platform as well as be an advocate for best practices for monitoring and systems architecture to the rest of our engineering team.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Build tools and processes to efficiently and securely manage cloud (AWS) infrastructure.
- Work with application developers to ensure that all applications are following proper process when it comes to configuration management, secrets management, and CI pipelines.
- Spread dev-ops best practices to build a great engineering culture where teams can mostly own and operate apps and solutions independently.
- Leverage your knowledge of coding and automation to increase efficiency of common tasks.
Our dream candidate has…
- 2-4 years of relative experience
- Familiar with best practices and principles (such as the AWS Well-Architected Framework) for designing and building secure, scalable software systems, and working with application engineers to apply those principles to Casper systems.
- Fluent with the practice of treating infrastructure-as-code; has some experience with tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, or Ansible and how to integrate it into our CI pipeline (GitHub Actions)
- Able to build and support a variety of platforms, languages, and application stacks across different operating systems. (serverless, Ruby, Linux, Windows)
- Opinionated when it comes to operational details like monitoring and metrics and willing to educate our engineering partners on how to build a well-monitored system.
- Understands the merits and tradeoffs of different solutions to a problem and readily shares opinions on each.
- Experienced in troubleshooting network and application issues and making recommendations for optimizations
- This is a remote role open to anyone based within the United States.
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $100,000-120,000 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!