Senior Director Engineering
- Work with business partners to develop strategic relationships with key customers.
- Propose technical solutions, area and effort estimation for IPs and projects implementation in collaboration with the PMO to ensure that our IC programs are executed to agreed metrics.
- Manage product development to ensure that projects are taped out on time, to budget and are technically successful.
- Contribute to the definition of the PMIC and wider Engineering Strategy
- Define strategies and tactical plans to establish and develop state of the art design center, which can be replicated across the group.
- Play an active role in solving customer problems and provide technical guidance in case of emergency.
- Ensure developments of resources to match business requirements by recruiting the right technical skills in the right location.
- Provide technical advice to the executive management team.
- Provide quality leadership to ensure continual development of wider team, creating opportunities for cross learning and advancement.
- Projects execution and first time right silicon production.
- Strategic planning of the resource model for design team (recruitment, development of team and organisational design).
- Drive effective collaboration across Renesas, and setting partnership frameworks with Methodology, Test, Man ops, Marketing and PMO.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continual improvement across area of responsibility.
- Experience in a leadership role with responsibility for people and delivery of R&D development projects through full development cycle.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain team motivation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing multi-disciplined multi-national teams.
- Ability to establish culture of open communications and demonstrate leadership ability for innovation.
- Outward looking, positive individual with leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal English is essential.
- Flexible to undertake international travel at short notice.
- Self-motivated and service-minded.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas respects all types of diversity and values, and actively works to improve our work environment and foster a corporate culture that accepts and is inclusive of one another. We believe our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives are the source of innovative products and services that support our sustainable business growth. For more information, please read through our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.