Lead/Principal Digital Verification Engineer
The purpose of this job is to guarantee specification compliance of digital or mixed signal design by means of advanced verification methodologies and concepts.
It involves definition, deployment and improvement of state-of-the-art verification methodologies.
- Verification planning, maintenance, feature extraction, verification tests, coverage and checker development
- Develop efficient, reusable state-of-the-art verification environments and testbench structures
- Develop verification strategy for digital and mixed signal IPs and implement the verification IP following object-oriented programming principles and methodologies including UVM
- Initiate and participate in review meetings with design and verification engineers
- Lead digital verification of mixed signal ICs or sub-systems
- Able to debug the RTL for design intent and interface with cross-functional teams and collaboration in all verification related activities
- Mentor verification team and provide technical support for verification activities
- Verification strategy and concept in place in an early phase of the project
- Ensure specification compliance by having required verification metrics in place
- Verification concept and approaches according to corporate rules and guidelines
- The ideal candidate has an experience of 8-10 years in advanced verification methodologies, owning the verification of complex digital and mixed signal designs
- SystemVerilog for verification using advanced verification methodologies (preferably UVM or similar such as Specman-e, OVM, SystemC, etc.)
- Assertion based verification and Formal verification
- Expert in constrained random verification and metric driven verification
- Expert in simulation and regressions tools e.g. Cadence Incisive, vManager, IMC
- Familiar with either Verilog or VHDL RTL coding and ASIC design methodology
- Familiar with behavioral modelling of analog blocks
- Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, Perl and TCL scripting
- Proven experience in writing verification plans and test bench development, simulation and debugging
- Degree in electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas respects all types of diversity and values, and actively works to improve our work environment and foster a corporate culture that accepts and is inclusive of one another. We believe our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives are the source of innovative products and services that support our sustainable business growth. For more information, please read through our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.