Director Big Data Science
Our mission is to use the latest machine learning and cloud technologies to develop the best AI inference for self-driving vehicle and advanced driver safety engineers. Renesas is the leading automotive electronics supplier globally, and this is a rare opportunity to deploy your software to billions of devices we ship to customers every year. You will join our newly formed AI Solutions global research and development organization of around 100 software engineers. Due to strong demand for our AI-related products we are planning to triple in size in the next three years, so there is lots of room for you to help us grow the team together while remaining small. Our key locations are the Tokyo, London, Dusseldorf, and Ho Chi Minh City metro areas, but you can also join fully remotely from other locations globally or get our support to relocate to our key location hubs
As a Director Big Data Science, you will:
• Recruit, train, and lead a team of data analysts.
• Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data.
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies.
• Turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
• Generate large databases from various sources of structured and unstructured data
• Analyse data and generate statistical information to identify trends and patterns
• Understand the phases of product delivery and expert analyses across product life cycles, running the analysis for each stage and contributing to decision making
• Use a range of programming languages to transform big data into data sets
• Translate technical data to simple language and giving recommendations and conclusions to stakeholders
• Develop interactive dashboards that combine visuals with real-time data
• Build scalable machine learning pipelines and using feature engineering and optimisation methods to improve data set performance
• 7-10 years of Managerial experience.
• 12-15 years of relevant experience (e.g. Automotive domain, DevOps, Cloud development).
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics) and master’s degree in data science or data analytics.
• Experience in running end to end machine learning pipelines, including deployment to production as well as stakeholder engagement.
• Experience in working with large amounts of data and data systems.
• Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow or PyTorch)
• Experience with NLP libraries (NLTK, openNLP, Standord-NLP, WordNet) and with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, MS Azure, IBM)
• A solid understanding of data sources, data organization and storage
• In-depth knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.