Staff Application Engineer
As a global leader in microcontroller, Renesas is proud to build a trusted brand from the robust MCU, to optimized/efficient embedded solution, to innovation for future technologies. With motor control being one of our core strengths, this is a great opportunity to be part of the highly skilled engineering team and change the motion world for a better tomorrow.
- Provide support for all Renesas customers related to motor control solution
- Efficient technical support for Renesas marketing/sales team in design activities
- Be an expert for any MCUs, peripheral and motor algorithms related topics
- Lead/drive training and evaluation of Renesas motor solutions with customers and sales team
- Work closely with our core engineering team and build solutions for motor control.
- Ability to manage technical projects with partners and design house
- B.Tech/BS in Electronics/Electrical engineering [specialized in control theory and digital signal processing] (M.Tech/MS preferred)
- 12+ years of industrial experience in motor control
- Solid embedded programming experience [using C language] is a MUST
- Extensive knowledge of different types of motors: BLDC, PMSM, AC induction motor and brushed DC motor
- Strong experience in building motor control software [both sensor and sensorless] and motor tuning.
- Proficiency in data analysis using Matlab or similar tools & other Motor control evaluation tools/equipment.
- Good understanding of hardware design and schematic related to microcontroller and power inverters
- Comfortable working with high voltage power supplies and inverters
- Prior experience with Renesas MCUs and motor algorithm development (PI, V/F, Trapezoidal, sinusoidal, VC/FOC) are plus
- Having system level knowledge, Know-how (like Inverter, Mixer/grinder, Aircon/Ref compressor whitegoods etc..) are Plus
- Machine learning experience is a bonus point
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English and proactive, can-do attitude
- Travel requirement: 25%
- Work location: Renesas India office in Bangalore
Self-sufficient, fast learner and hands-on individual who can deliver results in a diligent manner
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.