Senior Staff Field Applications Engineer - Wireless Connectivity
Renesas offer industry-leading devices to enable efficient, low power and reliable communication technologies for industries and consumers across the globe.
We are seeking an experienced Field Application Engineer, to be based out of Swindon, and maximise technical and commercial opportunities for Embedded Processing (EP) Connectivity products. This is the first hire of it's kind in the UK, and this individual will be a key figure, working between our Global Sales people, and the on-site technical teams to meet both custom and non-custom design briefs.
- Identify new commercial opportunities for Renesas by working closely with customers at project design level to achieve design win targets.
- Consulting customers on technical matters in relation to Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) / Wifi / Wireless SoC (LTE-CatM, NB-IoT); bridging between experts in the BU and customer where necessary.
- Feeding back customer issues and escalations into the BU. Also highlighting features for next generation SoC, tools, SW features etc.
- Strong Technical Project Management Support customer through whole lifecycle of the product from 1st consulting on opportunity through to design-in to prototype to production.
- Support customers implementing SW features that will require a level of hands-on co development/support & debug - including features still in development phase in BU.
- Create, organize, update, and track opportunities and designs. Contribute supporting related CRM System.
- Perform and support product trainings to Distribution FAE’s and Sales Representatives and drive local distribution promotion programs.
- Travel within the assigned territory to customers and distributors.
- Commercially minded with ability to work both autonomously and as key team member with Sales and BU.
- 6-8+ years of experience in the Semiconductor industry (as a Design Engineer or FAE)
Extensive embedded MCU software knowledge:
- Track record in MCU /MPU software development including RTOS .
- Experience in developing with embedded C from ground up OR extensive experience in similar programming environment is required.
- Thoroughly experienced with tool-chains (e.g. Keil/IAR/GCC etc..), debuggers & general too chains.
- Experience in MCU SW /Register Architecture (Cortex –M preferred).
Significant MCU hardware knowledge, including:
- MCU hardware peripherals
- Clocking & timers/ input & output/ XTAL/ UART, SPI, I2C/ memory utilization/ DMA etc.
- High experience on HW and SW related wireless communication architectures like BLE, WiFi protocols or cellular standards (LTE-CatM, NB-IoT)
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.