Staff Test Engineer
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The candidate will join a fast-moving, results oriented team supporting strong growth of diversified portfolio of Renesas’s Timing Products Division of products and will develop innovative soft- and hardware solution for ATE production test setups used in high volume IC manufacturing
- Design and development of both software and hardware for our state-of-the-art high speed and Timing related automated test systems
- Coordinating and seamlessly working between different geographical regions viz. US and Malaysia.
- Drive technical innovation in the group
- Ability to multi-task and co-ordinate within the multi-discipline organization.
- Support Integrated Circuit (IC) Production Test Development, New Product Introduction ramps and Maintenance
- Support Design verification and silicon characterization in co-operation with design team and product engineering
- Implementation, correlation and release of a reliable test solution at our factory location and support of mass production ramp
- Drive Test time reduction activities and work with Product Engineers on yield improvement among other test engineering activities to deliver on budgets
- Participate in the product design phase – Design for Test (DFT), Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Continuous, sustaining support of production test issues
Key Performance Measures:
- Ability to thrive a team to independently perform hardware and software code development and debug
- Test Efficiency: Implement test time that meets budgeted test time targets
- Development schedule: Development/Sampling milestones achieved according to project plan/schedule
- Robustness of test solutions by team members as proven by Gr&R analysis/ Number of tests failing target.
- Achieve velocity in NPI project development and customer sampling.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 4-6 years of minimum experience of executing NPI test engineering projects
- Experience with Digital or Timing Products is highly desired
- Understanding and expertise in tests like TIA, Phase Noise measurement, Jitter measurement, etc.
- Hands-on Experience with 93K and/or J750 series tester platforms.
- Understanding of code constructs and at least one programming/scripting language
- PCB design proficiency for robust hardware design for tester hardware
Fluent written and verbal English is essential.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.