Systems & Applications Engineer
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
- This role focuses on supporting the Configurable Mixed-signal Business Group within Renesas. A key product line is GreenPAK, which integrates user configurable features across multiple domains including analog and digital. The flexibility of GreenPAK is well suited for creative engineers who like to design circuits quickly.
- Perform silicon evaluation at chip and board level; document performance and errata to support design modifications.
- Develop automation scripts and methods for device bench characterization.
- Drive and generate data sheets, objective specification, application notes, and product presentations describing product features and operation.
- Collaborate with variety of teams including sales, marketing, product definition and silicon design to deliver compelling and cost-effective system solutions to customers.
- Build system-level models to analyze feasibility of new projects.
- Interface directly with customers to resolve application, system and device related issues.
- Design board level circuits and provide support to remote PCB layout teams.
- Propose and develop ideas to improve the silicon evaluation flow.
- Mentor/train other Applications Engineers and assist with the hiring process.
- Understand industry trends and system requirements to support Roadmap discussions.
What we are looking for:
- 2 years of experience in system and device evaluation or hardware design.
- Applications knowledge and evaluation experience in analog, digital, and power.
- Experience in customer facing technical roles.
- Excellent lab and debug skills.
- Experience with design of power systems, such as DC/DC’s or chargers.
- Multi-layer, power PCB design knowledge.
- Software skills sufficient to enable development of measurement scripts.
- Experience with simulation and modeling tools, such as SPICE.
- Experience with Verilog or similar hardware description languages.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
- BS or MS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of working by MS/PhD degree and/or internship etc
- $120,800 - $181,200 annualized salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
- Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.