Senior Staff Applications Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Sr Staff Application Engineer
Renesas is a global semiconductor company built on a strong foundation of technological innovation. We deliver innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes, factories, and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by major innovators around the world. Renesas has nearly $7B in annual sales, and over 19,000 employees worldwide. Join us and be part of what's next in electronics.
Our Industrial Power Management team is developing innovative high-density Power Management IC solutions to expand our presence in fast-growing industrial market. We are seeking an application engineer to help design and build our next generation of world-class solutions. This position will be based in Renesas Electronics Americas, Durham, NC.
The candidate will participate in the definition, development, validation, and support of advanced DC/DC, AC/DC Power ICs. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Validating power management ICs hands-on debugging;
- Modeling and simulating power converters
- Preparing technical documentation (e.g. datasheet, demonstration board manual, application note, spreadsheet, and whitepaper);
- Providing technical support and training for customers and field applications engineers;
- Working closely with cross functional teams (marketing, package engineers, product engineers, test engineers, and more) to complete power IC development.
The following skill set is a plus for the positions
- Knowledge of AC/DC, gate driver, power factor correction, EMI, flyback converters
- Background on Analog Circuits: IC design, Small Signal Analysis Switching Power Supplies.
- Background on circuit simulation tools Simplis, Mathcad, or Matlab mathematical software.
- Knowledge of Power Supply circuit layout and Hands-on skills.
- Ph.D with 5 Years Experience or MS degree with 10 Years or BS degree with 15 Years Experience is needed
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.