Sr Firmware/Middleware Engineer (f/m/d) - Dresden
Our products targeting the Industrial Market require a growing amount of embedded firmware as a key content of the delivery package to our customers.
The ability to break down system-level requirements into suitable software architectures, programming approaches and software code will be fundamental for this position.
We are part of the Industrial Automation Business Unit with offices in Japan, Europe and US.
- Embedded Software Architecture: break down system level requirements into software architectures and programming approaches
- Embedded Software Development: Create embedded ARM microcontroller firmware for Sensor Signal Conditioners, Industrial Communication ASICs and SOCs including following tasks:
- Feasibility studies
- Functional Specification
- C/C++ - Code Implementation
- Code Review
- Test and Verification
- Tool Chain Support: Develop Python/C# supporting tools
- Development Flow: Guarantee industrial and other software standards
- Master’s Degree in Engineering: Computer Science/Information Technology or similar
- 2+ years experience in embedded software development
- Certified Scrum Developer Certificate would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of software architecture for embedded systems, as well as microcontroller architectures on 8, 16 and 32 bits
- Solid understanding of software/firmware development in C and Assembler
- Profound experience in Python/Shell/Windows scripting, very good Linux skills
- Tools knowledge
- Eclipse, Keil
- Git/gitlab, Docker
- Fluent English, German would be a bonus
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills,
- Willingness to adapt to change
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.