Sr Staff Engr, Test
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Core Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Develop robust and cost efficient production test solutions for new mixed-signal power management products, including test software and hardware design
- Interface with external vendors to develop test schematics and optimize layout and component selection of final test and wafer sort test hardware
- Work with design and product engineers to develop and implement test plans.
- Develop and validate test solutions to ensure test coverage, correlation to bench measurements and measurement repeatability
- Support IC characterization and qualification
- Coordinate with remote manufacturing sites to release new test solutions to manufacturing
- Provide manufacturing sustaining support to increase gross margins, improve measurement stability and support customer or manufacturing issues.
- BSEE or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years professional industry experience in a test engineering role
- Experienced in new product development of power management products and large mixed-signal ICs
- Teradyne Flex or ETS test development experience is preferred. Advantest V93000 test platform experience is highly preferred.
- Experienced in DFT and DFM techniques, IC product development and manufacturing flows
- Proficient with Cadence schematic tools and lab and bench equipment
- Data and statistical analysis tools
- Strong communication, team working and interpersonal skills are essential
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.