Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
This is a Power Field Applications Engineer (FAE) role to be part of a strategic sales team responsible for the top global accounts in Texas. The role will include responsibility for driving opportunity discovery and design wins, customer portfolio presentations, customer design proposals utilizing Renesas power solutions, technical reviews and analysis, and customer debug efforts with a specialty in Power. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in high performance multiphase DC-DC non-isolated embedded power and enjoys working in the lab to validate customer designs according to application requirements.
• Further responsibilities for this position include performing schematic/layout reviews and validating DC-DC power management products, which include digital multi-phase controllers, power stages, point-of-load regulators, and integrated power modules
• These solutions are to be designed into computing equipment including networking solutions powering CPUs, GPUs, MCUs, ASICs, as well as server / storage computing solutions.
• May be opportunity to support other Renesas product lines as well.
• Provide all types of technical support leading to design wins, as well as on-going support for existing products and customer programs as needed. These include schematic reviews, layout reviews, board bring ups, tuning/optimization and full validation
• Debug solution in customer application on-site at customer labs or at Renesas Labs
• Collaborate with other FAEs and communicate with Renesas Central Applications and Design Teams to support customer design-in
• Support Fortune 100 companies in technical engineering and be able to grow business relationships
• Understand system solution design decisions and trade-offs (including magnetics, capacitors, and control loop) and make recommendations on product selection for the desired cost/benefit ratio
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
• 10+ years’ experience in power electronics
• Knowledge of the semiconductor industry
• Experience with Intel VR specification and digital multiphase controllers is a must
• Applies business acumen to strive for success while prioritizing efforts towards highest ROI opportunities
• The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in high performance multiphase DC-DC non-isolated embedded power and enjoys working in the lab to validate customer designs according to application requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory, as customer interface will be a significant aspect of the job
• Must be a self-motivated team player who is able to take direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate effectively
• Personable with ability to develop rapport and trust with customers and colleagues alike
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.