Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Developer
As part of the Renesas Culture and our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial, Renesas believes in, and is committed to our employees’ growth. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and providing opportunity for all. Grow your career, find new opportunities, and advance yourself at Renesas.
For questions on this opportunity, please contact the recruiter for the role: Tataeru Nakanishi
Job Position: 52458
Job Title: Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Developer
- Attractive Remuneration
- Remote Work and Flexible working hours
- Engage with business customers globally in English
- Leverage latest BI related technologies
Join an exciting global team leveraging cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions for complex business challenges. As a member of our BI and Data team, you will work closely with all units and levels throughout our diverse global organization, partnering to continually grow our business.
Your New Role:
- Design and develop effective business solutions using modern BI platforms and technologies
- Partner with business stakeholders to collect and convert requirements and functional specifications into technical design specifications and create project plans
- Thoroughly understand and work with all kinds of data, including historical data stored in data warehouses as well as new data both structured and unstructured from a wide variety of sources
- Design and implement system architectures with the most cost-effective and efficient technologies that can satisfy project requirements
- Identify and analyze system integration issues to then design and implement corrective and preventive plans
- Respond to inquiries from users and team members as necessary
Skills & Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience in a in sizable organization focusing on Business Intelligence, data engineering, or cloud-based system architecture and development.
- ETL & Pipeline Development with Azure Data Factory / Synapse Pipelines
- Data Lakes or Lake Houses, Parquet and Delta
- Azure Synapse, Azure Data Bricks, Apache Spark
(Google or Amazon equivalent technologies can also be considered)
- Japanese language proficiency is also required for engaging with business users in Japan. (Native, JLPT N1 or N2, or equivalent)
- Professional qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate
- MS SQL, Dedicated and Serverless SQL Pools
- REST APIs
- PowerShell scripting
- Tabular Data Modeling, Analysis Services
- CI/CD development processes and related technologies like Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
The ideal candidate will have excellent soft skills including:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and spoken English with colleagues and business users at different levels
- Able to work both independently and as part of a larger team with good time management skills, attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to adjust to flexible working hours and communicate with different time zones.
- Be self-motivated, willing to embrace new challenges, and passionate for learning new technologies
This position is based in Tokyo, Japan. Renesas embraces remote work and strives to ensure employees can maintain a good work life balance.