Field Application Engineer (up to Senior Staff) for Analog and Power (f/m/d)
Renesas Electronics Corporation delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, connectivity and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, home electronics, office automation, and information communication technology applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at www.renesas.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Field Applications Engineer (FAE) to support our Strategic Accounts in North and West Germany, including the Netherlands, focusing on Analog and Power Products.
We welcome candidates who are early starters, recent graduates and experienced professionals to apply for this position. This role is open to all levels up to Senior Staff and is based in the Düsseldorf area, with the possibility of working from home as an alternative.
As a Field Applications Engineer, you are the bridge between your customers and many internal business divisions. Your primary goal is to win new business through proactive in-depth design and development support that will solve your customers' challenges.
This requires a profound knowledge of the customer development process; you need to be familiar with all aspects of the product lifecycle, from development to mass production.
In this role, you will also be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology proposal and evaluation stages. As part of the account teams, you act as the key technical advisor for a wide range of your customers' applications.
- Work hand in hand with sales to drive relationship building with customers.
- Promote the complete analog and power, portfolio including interfaces, power management, sensors, timing, as well as wireless connectivity. Work closely with your digital counterpart also addressing Renesas’ digital solutions.
- Provide technical expertise & support to develop Renesas revenues with key customers in Germany and the Netherlands, in close cooperation with the Renesas Sales team and Distribution Network.
- Drive and support projects proactively from demand creation to mass production.
- Solid technical understanding of our products and relevant solutions. Able to demonstrate products and get involved with system-level design or in-depth technical support as required.
- Identify new sockets for Renesas by working closely with customers at project design level to achieve design win targets.
- Create, organize, update, and track opportunities and designs.
- Develop a good understanding of customer products and markets, as well as supply, and business requirements. Able to communicate them clearly at all levels internally and highlight critical product needs.
- Understand the competition for us within the customers and develop strategies to counter their activity.
- Travel within the assigned territory to customers and distributors.
- Be entrepreneurial and take ownership to keep an eye on and drive the business opportunity.
Besides your demonstrated technical skills and experience, we are looking for a team player. You should have very good communication skills and interaction with people. You are curious by nature and eager to keep up with our technological advances as well as your customers' development. Furthermore, you like to share your knowledge and experience with your customers and team. Additionally, acting on your own initiative is required, carefully evaluating chances and risks.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role would be preferred, But personality and technical knowledge are key. We are also open to welcome graduates.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with experience in Analog and Power Management applications and a good track record of building customer relationships.
- Basic knowledge about MCU/MPU systems is not mandatory but useful.
- Strong problem-solving capability to interface customer needs & resources with energetic and proactive approaches.
- Strategic and commercial thinking to perform and organize efficient design in plan for target accounts; capable of identifying key projects and recommending possible solutions.
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Very good command of German & English language and mobility are key elements required for the job.
- Valid and existing residence and work permit for Germany or another EU country is required.
- Join a fast-growing global leader in the semiconductor industry with a progressive mindset and modern vision to lead the industry.
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, personal as well as company-oriented performance bonus system and a company car.
- We empower entrepreneurship and provide an open and flexible working environment suited to your needs. We also offer “home office” option.
- Renesas is a dynamic company that offers many possibilities for personal growth all over the world.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.