Senior Software Engineer - Nabern, Germany
- Development and maintenance of key components of a Java-based enterprise application
- Support good software engineering practices including developing unit tests
- Define, document, review Software architecture within the team.
- Collaboration with various stakeholders in the company’s engineering community
- Responsible to ensure the stability, performance, security, and reusability aspects are always considered.
- Evaluate the impact of different Software solutions on the overall design.
- Design of system components, their interaction, and the overall system architecture
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical requirements for software applications
- Observe technical trends, define technical roadmap and strategies for the team and promote best practices.
- Java software development (required)
- Use of relational databases including ability to write good SQL queries (required)
- Experience with tools like Hibernate, Gradle, Git and Jenkins preferred but not required
- Experience with working with small, agile software development teams
- Experience in working with Engineering applications in Semiconductor domain is a big plus.
- Extensive relevant industry experience in software and systems design.
- Comprehensive experience in architecture and design for complex cloud-based services.
- Experience in developing state-of-the-art complex software systems, particularly ETL.
- Experience in the preparation of formal software designs in UML using industry-standard methods and tools.
- Experience in defining and leading the technical direction and successful strategy development.
- Experience in creating test strategies.
- Experience in planning deployments for test and production systems.
- Fluent in English language.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.