Sr Staff Field Applications Engineer
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
Renesas Electronics is seeking a BLE Field Application Engineer who will provide BLE and associated MCU technical support, including both HW and SW support, for sales expansion of Renesas products in North America region.
- Build up close relation to the technical departments of our customers.
- Provide technical expertise & support to develop Renesas revenues with customers in close cooperation with the related Renesas Sales team
- Solid technical understanding with focus to our BLE and MCU SoC products and relevant solutions.
- Able to demo products and get involved with system level design or in-depth technical support as required.
- Ability to identify new sockets for Renesas by working closely with customers at project design level to achieve design win targets.
- Create, organize, update, and track opportunities and designs.
- Develop a good understanding of customer products and market, supply, and business requirements. Able to communicate them clearly at all levels internally and highlight critical product needs.
- Understand the competition for us within the customers and develop strategies to counter their activity.
- Perform product training and drive local promotion programs.
- Support customers through the whole lifecycle from 1st consultancy through design in to prototyping and production
- BS Electrical | Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in BLE or MCU product area applications.
- 3+ years of experience in C | C++ Embedded programming.
- 3-5 years of minimum experience as semiconductor field application engineer.
- Strong problem-solving capability to interface customer needs & resources with energetic, proactive approach.
- Strategic and commercial thinking to perform and organize efficient design in plan for target accounts; capable of identifying key projects and recommending possible solutions.
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Programming experience with tools chains (e.g. Keil, IAR, GCC, etc.), debuggers, etc.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts to a wide audience.
- WiFi and other RF transmission technologies experience a plus.
- ARM core and RTOS experience a plus.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Remote/Hybrid position, preferred in Bay Area/Seattle.