Principal Field Applications Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas is seeking an experienced Digital Field Application Engineer located in the Northeastern US to provide technical field support for major Industrial customers. This individual will be part of the Global Industrial and Robotics vertical sales team and be responsible for driving opportunity discovery and design wins for Embedded Processing products including MPUs, MCUs, SoCs, and ASICs.
- Develop and support customer designs using Renesas Embedded Processing product families in close collaboration with sales.
Provide pre-sales promotion and post-sales support including product selection, product information, technical consultation, roadmaps, resolving support issues, design assistance, project development and debugging.
Collaborate with associated Business Unit Marketing and Application Engineering teams to meet individual design-in targets.
- Establish relationships with technical decision makers at the customer, present and support the Renesas portfolio.
- Work in an international team with regular coordination with contacts in Europe and Asia.
- Travel to customer sites for customer support, mostly within the Northeast US.
- BSEE or BSCS degree; experience in the field of technical and project support for Microcontroller or Micro Processor devices.
- Ability to support customers in all project phases (platform evaluation, PCB design, application development, software integration of driver/protocol stacks/real-time operating system)
- Familiarity with MCU and MPU architectures.
- Familiarity with OS knowledge (Linux, FreeRTOS, Azure RTOS, Android) is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with WiFi, BLE, and LTE wireless comm is a plus.
- Familiarity with Motor Control technology and corresponding MCU/MPU algorithms is a plus.
- Familiarity with Analog and Power products relevant to the MCU/MPU architecture is a plus.
- Strong written/verbal communication and sales negotiation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory, as customer interface will be a significant aspect of job.
- Ability to balance strong technical skills with solid relationship-building and account management.
- Self-motivated team player who is able to take direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate effectively
- Min 5 years working experience
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.