Sr Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas has an opportunity for an MPU FAE in our Milpitas, California office. The primary area of focus will be MPU applications across a wide range of electronic markets, including use of Renesas’ industry leading ARM Cortex-A based RZ family of MPUs. Related experience in MCU, and Wireless Connectivity is a plus. Tasks include customer portfolio presentations, design recommendations, technical reviews and analysis, and support of customer design debug efforts. The individual should be skilled at presenting to a large groups, as well as being proficient in the lab environment with electronic diagnosis equipment, and comfortable with Linux. There will be frequent interaction with other groups and team members to help drive new business.
BS Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of microcontroller application experience.
To be effective in this role, this engineer is expected to:
- Recommend and implement MPU/SoC and MCU solutions to customers
- Establish close working relationships with both direct sales and distribution, and also the relevant marketing partners, in support of customer opportunities
- Take customers’ designs to revenue by providing prompt and thorough technical support for on-going design activity
- Use expert knowledge to tailor feedback to the product division for new product development
- Present at Renesas technical conferences and facilitate product specific customer training sessions
- Travel, as needed, to multiple locations for customer engagements (10% of the time or less)
- MS or BS Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive or embedded electronics applications.
- Experience in software development, systems engineering and/or field application engineering.
- Experience with ARM based automotive core architectures (Cortex-M, A & R).
- Experience with automotive communications devices and protocols (e.g., CAN, LIN, Ethernet).
- Experience with general embedded programming in C.
- Experience with standard build, programming and debug tools (ex. GCC, make, Yocto).
- Experience with embedded Linux and u-boot.
- Experience with embedded SoC IP such as LPDDR, QSPI, OSPI, PCIe, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Capable of establishing open and trusting relationships with customers.
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility, business and organizing skills.
- Excellent recognition and collaboration skills to leverage extended team expertise when appropriate.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.