Senior Application Engineer - Germering
Renesas is looking for an Applications Engineer at the Senior / Principal level, who will play a key part in the entire product development cycle of IC's for power applications. The role is ideal for an experienced, self-motivated, passionate individual who can reliably deliver n a fast-paced environment, with the ability to analyze, debug, and solve a wide variety of problems, and with the interpersonal and technical capability to directly interact with customers.
- Support silicon evaluation requirements to meet evaluation timescales as set by product schedule.
- Responsible for product support with internal and external customers and delivery of product evaluation.
- Perform physical silicon device evaluation at chip and board level. Draw conclusions from evaluation results and support necessary device, specification or test modifications.
- Take on product lead role. This includes planning evaluation, supporting collateral development, reporting to management and customers, and reviewing evaluation documents.
- Act as a technical reference for others. This can also include presentations at conferences or trade events.
- Lead the development of software for automated measurements. Support other Applications Engineers in software development (e.g. reviews, mentoring).
- Independently propose and develop ideas to improve the silicon evaluation flow. Share and work to develop ideas with engineers across sites.
- Interface directly with customers during their design-in and ramp phases to resolve application and device-related issues.
- Trigger and follow through to conclusion interactions with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Product Engineering, and Quality Engineering to resolve product issues.
- Mentor/train other Applications Engineers locally and across sites and assist with the hiring and interview process.
- And all other tasks that seem reasonable to your manager.
- Delivery of silicon evaluation plans, status reports, and evaluation reports for a product in the agreed timescales as determined by the production schedule.
- Resolution of product issues with internal and external customers within the time frames agreed.
- Suggest and implement evaluation methodology to pre-emptively identify product issues.
- Propose and develop ideas that improve the efficiency and accuracy of the silicon evaluation flow.
- Teamwork – mentoring of Applications colleagues and ability to work across sites and with other departments within Dialog to deliver results on time.
- Typically 5 – 12 years of experience
- Advanced training, study and experience allow work on advanced complex technical projects
- Ability to select the most appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for maximizing results
- Ability to solve complex issues in creative, commercial, and effective ways
- Able to lead & co-ordinate significant projects, programs, and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity
- Ability to support and mentor Junior team members
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on time under tight schedule pressure
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to propose innovative solutions
- Concise and precise communication and customer skills within multi-site and multi-cultural environments