Applications Engineer (Marketing)
Working as an Applications Engineer (Marketing) based in Tokyo, you will:
- Customer support (including on-site support) to analyze, debug and resolve issues quickly.
- Product promotion and design-in support, as well as support for sustaining products.
- Developing technical collateral and documentation (e.g., datasheet, application notes, design guidelines, benchmarking/competitive analysis).
- Design evaluation kits – schematic design, board layout, software/GUI development
- Demos for tradeshows.
- Work closely with local and remote teams (FAE’s, design, test / product engineering, marketing) to perform the tasks listed above.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the internal organization and play a pivotal role in defining follow-on products and roadmaps.
What We Are Looking For?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the Semiconductor industry in a hands-on role.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Power Management (e.g./ DC-DC Converters, Battery Management ICs, PMICs) and power management topologies, circuits, and applications.
- Understanding of analog, mixed signal, and power electronics and systems
- Very good knowledge of control theory, closed loop compensation, stability analysis, phase margin, etc.
- Proficient with product characterization equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies, electronic load, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer and function generator
- Ability to create and maintain strong customer relationships, and to attend and actively engage in high profile meetings with key customers.
- Work across time zones with a worldwide team.
- Take ownership of project tasks and responsibilities – plan and execute to meet project milestones and deadlines, and customer deliverables.
- Prior experience as an application engineer in the semiconductor industry or board level electronic design engineer.
- Self-motivated, passionate individual, comfortable delivering to a deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze, debug, and solve a wide variety of problems.
- Understands importance of customers and strives to provide timely support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live.
A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, infrastructure, and IoT applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Renesas respects all types of diversity and values, and actively works to improve our work environment and foster a corporate culture that accepts and is inclusive of one another. We believe our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives are the source of innovative products and services that support our sustainable business growth. For more information, please read through our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.