Principal (Sales) Account Mgr
Job Type: Principal (Sales) Account Mg
Travel Required: Yes
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Strategic Automotive Sales Americas is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. Strategic Automotive Sales Americas brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
To further strengthen our strategic sales team, we are looking for a technical Strategic Account Manager to own revenue growth and funnel Design-in/Design wins for Strategic Assigned Accounts in the automotive area. The location will be office based in the Farmington Hills, MI area.
This person should have the ability to work with internal sales resources and across functional and global teams to manage a growing strategic account:
- Discover new design activity
- Possess analytical skills to accurately track and forecast revenue
- Speak technically with engineers to design-in technology on new design opportunities
- Think strategically to focus on the highest growth opportunities
- Have the ability to grow and foster the relationships within the strategic accounts which include executive leadership, engineering leadership and design engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Account Manager responsible for revenue growth and design funnel growth
- Direct responsibility for driving Opportunity discovery, Design In, and Design Win revenue conversion – full funnel management
- Process RFQ´s and lead quotation processes
- Negotiation of annual price adjustments (billing within the budget period, multi-year revenue plan)
- Responsible for accurate forecasting customer revenue monthly
- Develop, execute and review account strategy with management
- Ability to drive design wins directly and with ODM collaboration in other regions
- Work within a team environment to manage and interact with resources across multiple cross-functional teams and regions
- Highly motivated to sell solution-based silicon
- Degree required, BSEE or equivalent
- 10 or more years industry experience
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.