Position: Staff/Senior/NPI Test Development Engineer
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Renesas is a world leader in power management and timing expertise, delivering industry-leading performance, highest efficiency, broadest range of solutions, and highest reliability. Our power management and timing ICs serve a diverse range of industries, including infrastructure, mobile, industrial, automotive and aerospace. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
We are looking for test development engineers who can further develop their expertise with Renesas’ Power management and Timing products and share in the challenges of these dramatically changing times.
The incumbent will be responsible for the test development of power management & timing ICs, switching regulator, LDO regulator and so on. The engineer will be involved with the entire New Product Development Process (NPDP) that starts from feasibility, DFT, test H/W design, device bring up, ATE characterization, all the way to offshore production test program release. It is test engineer’s job to
- Design, develop and debug hardware and software solutions for characterization, qualification, and production release.
- Work with design and application engineers in defining and developing test methodologies, test plans, test modes and DFT.
- Define test schematics and review layout of printed circuit boards for testing.
- Debug test programs, correlate data, and optimize test time for production release.
- Develop ATE test solutions in C/C++ language using uFlex/iFlex/J750 Systems, Advantest V93K tester platforms.
- Support manufacturing offshore for yield improvement, product transfer, failure analysis and test time reduction.
- Manage and maintain projects milestones that aligns with product work plan and release dates.
- Ensure that each device shipped meets the Renesas’s high quality standards
Required Skills and Work Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Preferable with > 3 years of experience in analog, mixed-signal IC product test development and product characterization using testers
- Knowledge of analog/timing/digital/power devices and Visual Basic/C/C++ programming
- Programming knowledge of Teradyne uFlex/iFlex/J750 Systems, Advantest V93K
- Excellent problem-solving ability (8D, Why-Why Analysis, Process & Manufacturing challenges)
- Strong data analysis skills and familiar with Statistical Tools (JMP/ DataPower)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels
- Conducts with utmost honesty and integrity
- Self-directed with strong desire to be part of a winning team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)