Sr Staff Application Engineer
Job Type: Senior Staff Application Engineer
Travel Required: Yes
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Title: Sr. Staff Application Engineer
Location: Morrisville, NC design center (Onsite)
Collaborator should be able to evaluate full PMICs through bench silicon validation techniques, including the hardware and software setup preparation. As part of silicon validation and delivery of results, the collaborator shall prepare evaluation plans for each specific product and provide documents to report results within planned and agreed time scales. The collaborator will be part of a Validation Applications Engineering team reporting directly to a Manager and will be leading a team. It will require to closely work with other colleagues, meaning that teamwork mentality is very welcome, expected to be able to develop/improve existing techniques and enhance bench validation.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge on Automotive PMICs, with 5-10 years of post-silicon bench validation experience.
- High level expertise on basic lab instruments and measurement methods, mainly for DCDCs and LDOs
- Ability to debug any unexpected issue and identify root cause
- High Level of expertise on Embedded Systems
- Good proficiency with Python programming with particular use for lab automation hardware environments
- Ability to work with minimal instructions and available to support team members and share own expertise
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Goals-oriented and able to deliver on-time results under tight schedules
- Select/propose innovate methods/techniques to improve existing solutions
- Support colleagues from other teams, such as Design Engineers, Test/Quality/Product Engineers
- Board level analog and digital circuit design expertise for PCB schematic design
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity within multisite and multicultural environments
- Flexible to undertake occasional international and US travel
- Knowledge on verbal/written on other languages
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.