Digital Group Manager
Job Title: Group Manager – Digital
Direct Supervisor: Engineering Director
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom / Hybrid Position
Career Level: Management
Job Purpose and Dimensions:
• Manage the Digital Design team in terms of costs, methods and staffing to support device / silicon design requirements and to meet design timescales as set by program schedule.
• Support the Engineering Director for planning and execution of projects and resource allocation.
• Ensure regular contact and communication with relevant teams / people to support your objectives.
• Working with Senior Management to develop annual budget.
• Interpreting Requirements Specifications in collaboration with the Digital Lead Designers to develop system and design strategies for Power Management products.
• Digital design and technical leadership of integrated circuit developments projects when appropriate.
• Ensure best practises are followed within the design team.
• Represent the team towards the Corporate Engineering group.
• Mentor direct reports and review technical performance regularly.
• Ensure the entire team follows procedures and design practises that are required by internal guidelines as well as expected from any state-of-the-art technology leader in the industry.
• Support improvements of DFT strategies and ensure their implementation.
• Main interface to Corporate Engineering for own team.
• Appraisals for direct reports as agreed with Engineering Director.
• Support interview process for team members.
• Manage digital simulation and verification planning and implementation.
• Consulted as part of the weekly resource planning meeting, but the ultimate decision will always rest with the Engineering Director.
Key Performance Measures:
• Ability to work in both ways, independently and as part of a team.
• Communicates clear and consistent to all levels of employees, colleagues and customers.
• Takes responsibility for solutions and makes them happen.
• Result-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressures.
• Looks for continuous improvement in own and Renesas work practises.
• Confident and proactive attitude about own role and contribution to company goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Typically 10+ years electronics experience in one of the following areas: wireless handheld; specifically audio and power management; consumer displays; automotive body electronics
• Interpreting Requirements Specifications in collaboration with the Digital Lead Designers to develop system, design and verification strategies for Power Management products
• Ensure best practices are followed within the Design team
• Represent the team towards the Corporate Engineering group
• Support the Engineering Director for planning and execution of projects and resource allocation
• Mentor direct reports and review technical performance regularly
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with, high-level knowledge and expertise in conflict management
• Knowledge of scan insertion and ATPG generation
• Experience in low power digital design techniques
• Understanding of Analog/Digital IC design
• Willingness to travel
Qualifications: (enter formal qualifications typically necessary to do the job)
• Degree level qualification in Electronics Engineering or a related discipline typically required
Key Relationships: (What are the key internal and external relationships necessary for achievement of the job accountabilities)
• Internal interaction with the PMIC Analog/Apps/Layout teams, QA department, Test department, Product Engineering and the business unit
• External interaction with the Renesas customers and suppliers
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.