Senior Staff Field Applications Engineer, Automotive Analog and Power Products
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
As Senior Staff Field Application Engineer you will drive the design-in activities of Automotive Analog and Power products in the Americas, across all sales channels and according to the business development programs agreed with management. You will also play a key role in the definition of the next generation of Renesas Automotive Products working closely to the customer engineering teams and to Renesas application engineering and marketing teams.
In your new role you will:
- Drive the design-in activities of Automotive Analog and Power products in the Americas
- Define new products in close cooperation with our innovative customers and our internal technical marketing and applications teams
- Act as a technical interface and consult our customers during the development of automotive applications
- Derive customer requirements and market trends to develop system value propositions together with internal interfaces (Marketing, Application, System Engineering)
- Actively manage projects together with the Sales and Marketing departments to achieve design-in targets
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the customer engineering departments
- Perform measurements in our laboratory within the scope of actual customer projects
- Support our distribution partners during FAE trainings or end customer seminars
- Maximize the future business for all Renesas products across all sales channels
- You actively listen to your business partners and enjoy building trustful relationships. You set yourself ambitious goals, make use of the knowledge of your team members and share your know-how. Furthermore, you keep profitability in mind and are able to prioritize your technical activities from a commercial point of view.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field of studies
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience, especially including 3+ years of experience in Automotive applications
- Working experience as Field or Application Engineer is preferred
- Working knowledge of the application of analog and power semiconductors in automotive applications.
- Hands-on experience designing RF products tied to Bluetooth, BLE, UWB, Wi-Fi, RADAR MMIC.
- Hands-on experience designing ECUs, xEV systems, IGBT Modules and SiC systems.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; able to balance strong technical skills with solid relationship building and account management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as customer interface is a significant aspect of the job; personable, with ability to develop rapport and trust with customers and colleagues alike.
- Excellent reading skills for complete understanding of technical documents such as User Manuals, Datasheets, and the like.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry and basics of semiconductor manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of embedded C, C++ programming and debugging.
- Working knowledge of middleware integration for embedded MCUs.
- Working knowledge of AUTOSAR, especially MCAL configuration and integration.
- $144,600 - $216,900 salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
- Please note that the compensation details listed reflect salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including jobrelated skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.