Sr Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas is seeking a Field Application Engineer (Power) that will be the primary technical and Field applications support for a strategic account in the Bay Area. This person will report to the Field application manager of Strategic Accounts. Local travel will be required to support customer lab activity within the Bay Area
- Secure proprietary design wins across a variety of business units
- Perform validation and testing of power rails in computing systems
- Lead technical discussions, ask questions appropriately, be a good listener and present technical features and benefits of our products to customers
- Review customer schematics, layouts and make recommendations
- Perform initial customer board bring-up and troubleshoot for problem resolution
- Provide regular feedback for product definition and direction to business units and have the knowledge of custom silicon and IPs preferred
- Responsible applications-based system architecture. Solution selling across all BU’s and understand full system.
- Preferably at least 10+ years of power experience with BSEE
- Review teardowns and help propose new solutions.
- Professional attitude with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of power electronic designs including buck, buck/boost and battery chargers.
- Ability to use various HW tools – Oscilloscope, multi-meter, soldering iron, network analyzer, power source
- Ability to use circuit simulation software
- Familiar with Allegro, Cadence or other PCB layout and schematic tools
- Be able to quickly and effectively troubleshoot circuits
- Assist with external component selection and board layout
- Familiar with power structure in computing system.
- A self motivated, team player who is able to take direction
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- $168,000 - $252,000 annualized salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
- Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.