Sr. Staff Digital Engineer
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
• Design lead digital Logic/State Machine for PMIC
• Lead and provide digital solution to for new product
• Analyze design performance for size/timing/power to meet specification
• Enable first time right silicon
• Lead digital design development
• Logic & State Machine design in Verilog RTL
• RTL Synthesis and timing analysis
• Provide feasibility study for size/performance/schedule
• Planning and coordination with Verification/AMS designer to ensure full validation coverage
• Provide floor-planning and support integration of digital & analog circuit at top chip level
• Work in cooperation with the methodology and CAD groups
• Interface between difference teams to ensure successful path to production
• Coordination with other stakeholders in identifying needs and improvements
Key Performance Measures:
• Silicon first pass success
• Conduct feasibility study for design and set schedules
• Execute projects to meet schedules and performance
• Provide solution to unexpected problem
• Lead Team, resolve conflict, and motivate team members
• Driving continuous improvement both personally and in company practices
• Confident and pro-active about personal role and contribution to company goals
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience in high speed and low power digital design using advanced deep micron process
• Proficient with Verilog/VHDL RTL coding skills (Synchronous and Asynchronous state machince)
• Experience with Design Compiler or DCT and PrimeTime is required
• Programming/scripting know-how, e.g. Perl, Tcl or Python
• Behavior coding in Verilog/SystemVerilog languages
• Experience with Linux
• Good communication skills, ability to take ownership
• Experience in power management circuits is beneficial
• Self-organized to ensure that project timescales are met
• Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years' experience
- $133,500 - $200,300 annualized salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
- Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.