Application engineer for industrial network solution
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Background of Recruitment:
Industrial Automation Business Division(IABD) is in the process of transforming its strategy from ASIC focus to ASSP.
The aim of this recruitment is to enhance resource for our key technology "Industrial Network," which is one of differentiation factors for the ASSP lineup.
In addition to industrial network-related work, you will be widely involved in the planning and development of our device products and various solutions.
Software solution planning, development and technical support for ASSP MPU
Target device product: ASSP MPU featured for industrial automation application
- Network related solution planning, development management such as TSN, 5G/WiFi6 and Industrial Ethernet. Collaboratively work with internal and external parties such as internal software development team, IDH and 3rd parties.
- Market launch management for the developed solutions and technical support. Will closely work with Business Development teams in W/W especially Europe, China, America and Japan.
Required Skills and Work Experience:
- Basic knowledge about MCU or MPU
- Basic knowledge about Ethernet
- Experience with development or technical support for embedded software (C Language)
- High motivation to learn in new fields
- Experience with MCU or MPU software design; require spec definition, development management.
- Experience with development of industrial equipment (Factory automation or building automation)
- Experience with customer support as FAE or AE
- Knowledge and experience with development of Industrial Ethernet (Profinet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, BACnet, HSR/PRP and OPC UA)
- Experience with development of network (network security(SSL/TLS), Ethernet switch, 5G)
Required Language Skills:
- Japanese: business level
- English: daily conversation level (TOEIC score around 600)