PE Expert for New Product Introduction
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Experienced and hands-on semiconductor Product Engineer with proven track record of on time introduction and productization of new products.
Deep understanding and hands-on experience with package selection, package development, product qualification, product characterization, reliability assessment,
manufacturability, yield data review and ramp readiness：
・Strong Technical leader with leadership and technical hands-on experience in semiconductor product engineering and new product development
・Ability to mentor and guide early career product engineers with day-to-day product engineering tasks related to new product development
・In depth understanding of IC and package qualification and reliability testing, qualification requirements and global quality standards such as AECQ, JEDEC and IPC standards
・Hands-on experience and functional understanding of semiconductor packaging for automotive application, assembly processes and OSAT communication and collaboration
・Ability to interface with packaging teams to help identify the right package and package design to suit the application and IC needs and participate in thorough package assessment
including package level electrical, thermal and mechanical simulations and design rule checks
・Ability to guide team to interface with quality, reliability and failure analysis teams to define optimized qualification and reliability plan for new product introduction
・Ability to guide team to perform risk assessment and define clear and detailed execution plans for PE related tasks
・Ability to collaborate with test team for defining the ATE characterization methodology for guaranteeing datasheet performance through temperature testing and for production limits
and guard band setting to ensure yield and manufacturability
・Expert at data analytics needed for standard new product engineering tasks such as assessing parametric drifts during reliability testing, yield analysis and wafer test and final test
and characterization data review.
・Adept at use of industry standard data analytics tools such as PDF, Spotfire, Yield watchdog etc.
・Ability to identify packaging needs and to define package roadmap and identify areas for cost and execution and efficiency improvement
・Proficient in English and Japanese with ability to communicate with Japan based team and US based leadership
［Required Skills and Work Experience］
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Electronics, Physics or similar degree. Masters degree is preferred.
- 5-10+ Years’ experience in the semiconductor industry working in IC design, Product engineering, test engineering or quality and reliability type role is preferred.
- Package: Understand package needs for the chip and application and help identify or develop the most suitable, high performance and cost-effective package solution.
- Qualification and Reliability testing: Based on IC application and customer needs, help define and optimum product qualification and reliability testing plan for IC and package qualification.
Familiarity with AECQ, JEDEC and IPC global quality standards and how they apply towards determining qual requirement and track qualification progress.
- Qualification Hardware: Strong understanding of HW design needed for qualification testing. Ensure no false qualification fails due to HW issues.
- Execution Plan: Help team build a `bottoms -up execution plan including schedule, cost, risk and deliverables for PE related tasks.
- ATE Characterization: Experience with ATE characterization, Data analysis for reviewing qualification data, Limit setting and guard banding , Cpk assessments and yield analysis.
- Documentation: Create methodology and templates for PE execution planning, qual tracking and ATE characterization review.
- Languages: proficiency in Japanese and English is a plus
［Required Language Skills］
［English］Business level (TOEIC 700）