Hardware Development Engineer for Automotive Applications
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Background & Reason for Hiring
Renesas aims to become the world's third-largest embedded semiconductor manufacturer with revenues exceeding US$20 billion by 2030. To achieve this target, we are expanding development of turnkey solutions at the system level, not just product stand-alone solutions. This team is responsible for H/W design of turnkey solutions utilizing digital (SOC/MCU), analog and power (PMIC/BMIC/Sensor/Driver/IGBT/SiC, etc.) products, and promotion and support to customers. We are looking for a person who has knowledge of vehicle systems and can lead application development from the vehicle system perspective.
Role & Responsibility:
As a project leader, you will be responsible for the hardware development of turnkey solutions (traction inverter, On-Board Charger, DC/DC converter) for electric vehicles as following
- Design and test control circuits and high-voltage circuits for power device drives, etc.
- Progress management of development projects and problem solving
- Promotion and technical support for customers
- Planning turnkey solution products
- Hardware development experience (5 years or more)
- Knowledge of electronic circuits (digital and analog)
- Experience as a project leader
- People who are not afraid to take on challenges in development fields they have no experience in
- Basic knowledge of analog semiconductors
- Experience with schematics and PCB design tools
- Automotive semiconductor experience
- Beside very good technical knowhow the skills to drive projects, handle issues is highly relevant
- Agility and entrepreneurial thinking are bases of every action
Required Language Skills:
English - Conversational level (TOEIC 600)
Japanese - Native level
Chinese - Favorable skill but not must