Design Manager / Senior Manager of Analog Design
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
［Background of Recruitment］
We aim to grow our revenues to over USD 20 billion by 2030.
To achieve this target, our division we will further expand our current product portfolio in IPD, GPU and custom ASIC product lines.
We are looking for a leader who can join our team on this exciting and growth journey and help make a difference to our developments and team growth.
The Manager would help grow the team to expand our capabilities.
・Take overall responsibility for specification and the teams design of circuit design, meeting performance, area, power and timescale constraints.
・Manage the Analog team in terms of cost, methods and staffing to support device layout requirements, and meet timescales as set by the program schedule..
・Mentor direct reports, giving appropriate guidance and support, and reviewing technical and behavioral performance regularly.
・Conduct appraisals, make remuneration decisions, proactively manage performance and drive development for team.
・Delegate project tasks appropriately, ensuring the entire team follows procedures and Analog practices that are required by internal methodology guidelines.
・Represent team and input into corporate engineering processes and methodology improvement discussions.
・Communicate company and team goals and ensure all team members identify the relationship between company strategy and their contribution.
・Collaborate with the Engineering Director to drive recruitment strategy and take responsibility for direct hiring within the team.
・Drive resource planning, making recommendations to Engineering Director.
・Make significant contribution into Renesas's Analog strategy, through representation at group management meetings, customer reviews and cross-site initiatives.
・Interact with other Managers to ensure wider team cohesion and to rectify issues that arise.
・Keep abreast of industry developments, driving continual improvements within the team through effective change management.
・Provide support and guidance to project leads, to ensure successful project execution.
・Responsible for the continual personal and professional development for all team members.
・Overseeing pre-production process flow is followed by group for own projects, ensuring outcomes are of a high quality.
・Ensure the entire team follows procedures and design practices that are required by internal guidelines as well as expected from any state-of-the-art technology
leader in the industry
・Manage Analog input into RFQ process.
［Required Skills and Work Experience］
- Typically 12 – 15 years experience
- In depth knowledge of organizational objectives, including business trends and market awareness
- Strives for continual improvement in all aspects of work including policies and methodology
- Ability to organize, delegate, budget and plan team to meet departmental objectives
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to foster a commercial, collaborative and learning environment
- Mentor direct reports and review technical and individual performance regularly
- Collaborating with Senior Leadership to develop team objectives in accordance with wider company strategy
- Ability to work with Senior Management to develop and work to budget
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to propose innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with high level knowledge and expertise in conflict management
- Experience in development of automotive applications or products
- Experience in IPD product line
- Experience in GDU product line
［Required Language Skills］
［English］Can have daily conversation（TOEIC 600）
［Japanese］Can understand conversation