Senior Staff Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
［Background of Recruitment］
We aim to grow our revenues to over USD 20 billion by 2030.
To achieve this target, our division we will further expand our current product portfolio in IPD, GPU and custom ASIC product lines.
We are looking for a leader who can join our team on this exciting and growth journey and help make a difference to our developments and team growth.
The engineer would help drive the project development and IP roadmap.
To drive technical excellence in Analog design of integrated circuits, delivering hands-on block and top-level design from specification to clean database
in collaboration with block lead designers
・Design, verification and simulation of CMOS Analog blocks including voltage references, bias circuits, comparators and amplifiers meeting performance,
area and power specifications.
・Collaborate with block leads to achieve system and design strategy for IPD products.
・Guide layout team to ensure quality of layout of own design.
・Drive silicon debugging and design characterization.
・Drive lab evaluation in collaboration with Application Engineers for own design.
・Produce high quality documentation for own IP blocks.
・Working closely with DFT engineers to ensure that own blocks follow existing strategy and implementation for DFT.
・Work closely with test and product engineers to support test development and ramp to production.
・Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
・Contribute to schematic and layout block level reviews for blocks initially designed by others.
・Take technical leadership for sub-systems and driving them from specification to production ramp.
・Interpret requirement specifications to achieve system and design strategy for IPD products.
・Take a proactive approach to driving own development plan, utilizing team members and internal development opportunities.
［Required Skills and Work Experience］
- Typically 5 – 8 years experience
- Strong competence with various tools and procedures, reaching specialist level
- Ability to work with minimal instruction – either independently or collaboratively
- Ability to make good judgement in selecting method/technique for obtaining solutions
- Able to confidently share own expertise and work to others
- Able to make significant contribution to projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced team members
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to propose innovative solutions
- Concise and precise communication and presentation skills within multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in development of automotive applications or products
- Experience in IPD product line
- Experience in GDU product line
［Required Language Skills］
［English］Can have daily conversation（TOEIC 600）
［Japanese］Can understand conversation