Sr Digital Verification Engineer
As part of the Renesas Culture and our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial, Renesas believes in, and is committed t,o our employees’ growth. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and providing opportunity for all. Grow your career, find new opportunities, and advance yourself at Renesas.
Our Ottawa office is looking for a talented Senior ASIC Digital Verification Engineer to join a team developing industry-leading mixed-signal Digital PLL Application Specific Integrated Circuits. You will be part of a growing mixed design and verification team giving you a chance to make a significant impact. You will be not only be contributing to the actual testcase writing, but you will also be part of the verification planning and the continuous improvement of our verification environment using the latest methodologies.
- Define and implement self checking test cases based on functional requirements
- Contribute to our ever-evolving verification infrastructure components
- Triage of regressions, debug of RTL and Gate level simulations, analysis of coverage, and working with other teams to resolve issues and achieve verification closure
- Work with diverse design and verification team members, local and remote
- Understanding standard specifications/ functional specifications/ feature enhancements for the product to create and execute detailed verification plans
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog and UVM environments for digital verification
- Experience with Synopsys and/or Cadence simulation tools
- Experience with System Verilog assertions, functional coverage, and code coverage
- Fast learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Effective team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a Unix/Linux operating system environment
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and Tcl is an asset
- Knowledge of Digital and Analog PLLs
- Knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso
- Experience with embedded C programming
Education and/or Experience
- Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of practical experience
- A Master’s degree may substitute for some years of related experience.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.