Senior Test Engineer
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas is an industry leader in the design of power management IC’s. We are seeking a highly qualified test engineer to develop high end test solutions for our power management products. In this role, you would be responsible for test engineering projects and activities which would involve the development of test hardware and software from the design stage through new product release and high-volume production. Probe and package test solutions will be developed on the Eagle ETS364 and Advantest 93K testers.
Test development engineers are critical to Renesas' power management products. They interface directly with the design team to define unique and novel test solutions for our current and future generation products. Test engineers also play a critical role in working with the applications team to shape the final device datasheet through IC characterization and validation activities.
- Develop ATE test solutions for new power management IC products including buck-boost battery chargers, multi-cell balancing/protection circuits, and core regulator controller IC’s
- Full ownership of the ATE test solution from planning stage to production
- Generate test plans and identify requirements to execute on deliverables
- Develop multi-site wafer sort and package test solutions for new products. Responsible for hardware and software design and development.
- Develop ATE tests for characterization and validation of new products
- Perform full checkout of test solution to support manufacturing transfer. This includes full multisite checkout, data gathering, data analysis and presentation of results.
- Ability to interface with design, applications, and product engineering to debug new products and characterize the performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer engineering or Computer science
- 3+ years direct experience in new product IC test development
- Strong ATE test development and debug skills
- Hands-on experience in ATE test development for analog, digital and mixed-signal IC’s
- Proficient with ATE analog and digital instruments
- Proficient with ATE hardware design
- Programming experience in languages such as C++, basic, Perl, python, etc.
- Experience with Teradyne ETS364 or Advantest 93K ATE systems
- Ability to work within a cross functional development team
- Experience in ATE characterization and test time reduction
- strong test development and debug skills on Teradyne or Adventest 93k
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.