Automotive PMIC Application Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Background & Reason for Hiring:
Renesas is expanding automotive analog business by improved products portfolio including PMICs by acquisition of Intersil, IDT and Dialog. In ordr to keep this momentum, Renesas needs a well-experienced application engineer who supports major Japanese and Korean Tier-1 manufactures and OEMs who develop advanced automotive systems such as electric-vehicle (EV) systems, autonomous driving systems and new E/E architecture. In paticular, Renesas is looking for a skilled application engineer who works directly Renesas’s customers power management design challenge and supports them on creating solutions with Renesas’s automotive power products such as power management ICs (PMICs), DC-DC converters, and low-dropout regulators (LDOs).
Role & Responsibility:
- Provide application support to automotive customers with automotive system knowledge and drive technology discussion and design ins for PMIC products.
- Architecting system solutions to customers using Renesas products.
- Product marketing & business development including collecting customer’s technical requirements and trend of the application, making new product idea and demand creation.
- Focus on Japanese and Korean automotive customers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Background and practical experience in analog and power electronics required.
- Experience in automotive electronics or automotive semiconductor industry.
- Basic Japanese and good English communication skills.
- Design experience of PMIC in semiconductor company, ECU design experience especially PMIC part in OEM / Tier1.
- Automotive system level knowledge, solid knowledge in H/W design especially power supply design knowledge at board level.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, along with debugging skills.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
- Ability to build lasting, influential relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results.
Required Language Proficiency:
English - Business level (TOEIC 700)
Japanese - Native level (JLPT N1)