Sr Device & Process Engineer of GaN
An experienced researcher in the area of compound semiconductor responsible for development of new and innovative epitaxy design in GaN on Siliocn process technology to achieve best in class linearity and power added efficiency HEMT devices for PA design. The candidate will be responsible for collaboration with foundry and academic partners, devising new process flow using TCAD tools, design and layout of appropriate test structures, and testchip tape out to candidate fabs. The candidate will also be responsible for characterization and measurement of the testchip to verify the targeted performance improvement and publish report and present the result to the team. Upon achieving the performance target the candidate will be responsible for developing a compact model and implements it in PDK for design team to use for design of final product. The candidate will work closely with the design team to achieve the final product tape out.
- Literature search with emphasis on the area of GaN devices on Silicon
- Perform TCAD simulation using Sentaurus tool from Synopsis to design GaN epitaxy experiments to enhance HEMT performance and reliability
- Test structure design and layout and tapeout testchip
- Perform Device characterization using DC, CV, and RF characterization
- Perform CW and pulsed IV, S-parameter, and Load-Pull (LP) measurement
- Perform device level circuit simulation using Cadence and ADS tools
- Compact model development using CMC standard model for GaN devices.
- MS or PHD in EE, Physics, or Material Science with research focus on GaN epitaxy, GaN HEMT, or GaAs pHEMT/HBT
- Good understanding of high band gap GaN or GaAs device physics and fabrication process
- Good understanding of device reliability issues in III-V devices
- Good understanding of GaN or GaAs epitaxy growth process
- TCAD simulation of high band gap GaN or GaAs devices
- Experience with measurements techniques such as DC and pulsed IV, CV, CW and pulsed S-parameter as well as load-pull characterization
- Good written/oral communication and project management skills